How to Get the Most Out of a Cheap Car Rental and Still Save Money. It is quite difficult to get discounted car rentals, and in recent years, discounted car rentals have simply meant that you pay less for something of lower quality. And let’s face it, when you pay less for a rental car, you may wind up with something that resembles a farm truck more than a car. It can be challenging to find a rental that is friendly to one’s budget; in this day and age, how can one obtain a discount on a rental car? While it comes to getting the most out of your money when renting a car, the following advice should help.
1.A good way to save money on your car rental is to, once you return the car, fill the tank with the cheapest no-name gas you could find. This is not out of spite or anything like that; car rental companies require customers to fill the gas tank before returning it, and if you don’t, they’ll fill it for you with the company pump but at a higher price. Since this is something we want to avoid, make sure to fill your tank before you return the car.
2. If you want to get a discount on your rental car, you should make your reservation as far in advance as possible. Some rental car companies provide discounts or free upgrades to customers who reserve their cars further in advance.
3. If you want to use the rental car for more than five days or for a longer period of time, ask the rental car company about discounted weekly rates for car rentals. The majority of rental car businesses provide discounts for the sixth and seventh day of weekly rentals.
4. Ask the travel agency you are working with about the possibility of receiving a discount on car rentals if you purchase trip packages such as fly-stay-drive or fly-drive. The majority of travel companies, in addition to hotels, provide these programs at a discounted price. The advantageous aspect of this is that you not only receive a discount, but you also accomplish two or three tasks with just one action.
5.When you go to a car rental firm, ask them if you might obtain a discount on a car rental in return for your frequent flyer miles. This is good for miles that are soon to expire, so instead of wasting them, you would get one more use out of them by renting a car with a discount.
6.If you want to obtain a discount on your rental car, or if you just want to get the greatest value for your money, one method to do it is to look for websites or rental car companies that accept a pre-determined budget. At this point, you will indicate the amount of money that you are willing to spend on the car rental. The majority of rental car companies will offer you the program that has the largest discount on car rentals and the best deal for you. Of course, it is important to find out if the company has a history of fraud; in today’s world, you can’t really trust people that much with your money, so make sure to inspect the vehicle before you make a reservation.
7. If you hire a car from the same business frequently, you should inquire about discounts on future rentals from that company. Rental companies are more likely to provide discounts or free upgrades to customers who rent from them repeatedly.
8. If you rent a car on the internet, you can save money by making your reservation online. The majority of rental companies offer internet-only discounts that can save you a significant amount of money; therefore, it is in your best interest to look into which rental company offers the largest discount for the same amount.
9. If you want to receive a car rental upgrade at a reduced cost, try picking up your vehicle right when the rental agency first opens its doors. At that time, there will be a scarcity of economy cars, and the staff will most likely provide you with a free upgrade if they are unable to provide the vehicle that you had reserved.