Instructions for Renting a Car
There is more to renting a car than simply making a reservation and paying for it; if you want to make sure you receive the best value possible, follow these steps and advice.
1. Choose three to four car rental companies that meet your requirements and preferences. You can do this either through the phonebook or through the internet; however, it is important to remember to research every possible company before making a decision. You don’t want to miss out on the best car rental because you got tired of looking for it.
2. Contact the car rental company and ask about their special offers, locations, availability, pick-up sites, rates, special rates, hotel and airline partnerships, additional charges, insurance, and anything else you can think of that might help you pay less for your rental car or might make it more convenient for you to rent a car.
3.Pick a pickup point; locate one that is close to you so that it won’t be a headache; some car rental companies will pay for the cab journey you have to take; others will pick you up at your home or at the airport to take you to your rental; and some will drop you off at the location of your rental.
4.Pick a car, and based on your requirements, choose a car that might fit all of the people you’ll have in it; however, if you’re going to be driving by yourself, use a compact vehicle because some car rentals charge more for larger vehicles.
5.The next thing to do, after you’ve completely decided on which one to take, is to remember to reserve it. Some vehicle rentals include the reservation charge on the overall rent, while others make it out to be an additional fee; you should also be on the lookout for this when you get a rental car.
Here are some pointers to keep in mind when searching for, locating, and reserving a rental car so that you can get the most value for your money.
1.When getting a car rental, check for available upgrades at no additional cost. You want to get the best deal, so you want the best car. To accomplish this, you should go pick up your car early in the morning, when the other cars have not yet been returned. In this way, there will be a shortage on economy cars, and the company may just give you an upgrade for a lower price. 1.When getting a car rental, check for available upgrades at no additional cost.
2. Book a rental automobile through the internet. These kinds of rentals offer discounts that are only available through the internet, and some of them even accept “find a car at your own price” methods, in which you provide them with your spending limit and they find the best deal possible for you; in addition, you do not have to go anywhere in order to obtain a rental vehicle.
3. Make sure the gas tank is full before you return the vehicle; otherwise, the car rental company will charge you an exorbitant amount for the cost of the gas required to fill the tank.
4. If you look at packages such as fly-drive-stay or just fly, you may save a lot of money on car rentals. In addition, you won’t have to worry about other aspects of your trip such as booking a hotel or an airline because everything is included in the package. These packages are available at a variety of travel firms to choose from.
5.There are some car rental companies that offer to exchange these discounts for discounts on your car rental if your frequent flyer discount or free flight is about to expire. Although it is more cost effective to just fly with your frequent flyer discount, if it is going to expire anyway, why wait?
These are only a few of the things that you will need to be aware of, but always remember to be persistent, ask questions, and ask for discounts. The main reason why individuals do not get a better value for the products that they buy is because they are too timid to ask for it.